Give besan a chance to work its magic on something other than your taste buds. The quintessential Indian kitchen ingredient, besan (gram flour), is an age-old Ayurvedic remedy for every hair problem that you might or might not face. Read on to know more about how you can use besan for hair that looks gorgeous, feels amazing and is rippling with health.
You can use besan for hair growth and for hair fall, and so much more.
Top 10 Hair Care Benefits of Besan
#1 Hair cleansing
This all-natural product is an excellent hair cleansing agent.
- Make a runny paste of besan and water, and apply it to your hair.
- Wash it out after 5-10 minutes for clean, shiny and chemical-free hair.
- Make sure the paste isn’t too thick, or else you’ll have lumps stuck in your strands.
#2 For hair growth
Besan is a chemical-free product and it helps nourish hair in ways that no hair-growth shampoo will. Use gram flour for hair that bounces with health and beauty.
- Make a thick-ish besan pack and apply it on your hair.
- Wash it off thoroughly after 15-20 minutes.
#3 To prevent hair fall
Besan is not only good for hair growth, but it also prevents and stops hair fall.
- Just whip up a hair pack using besan and half a bowl of curd
- Apply this mixture to your hair
- Do it regularly and you will notice a dramatic reduction in hair fall.
#4 For Healthy Hair
If you want nourished, healthy hair and do not believe in off-the-shelf treatments, try besan.
- Make a besan hair pack by mixing 1 egg white, 2 teaspoons besan, 1 teaspoon curd and ½ a teaspoon lemon juice.
- Apply this paste to your hair all the way to the tips.
- Wash it off with water after it dries.
#5 For Long Hair
If hair is healthy and strong, it will grow long. By using besan regularly, as a cleanser or as a hair pack, you can get the long hair that you’ve always dreamed of but didn’t manage because of damaged strands.
- You can make a deep-nourishing hair pack with besan, almond powder, curd, and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Coat your hair with this mask and wash off after it dries.
- Do this twice a week for quick results.
#6 To fight dryness
Besan and curd is also a good way to beat dryness. Use this mask regularly for softer hair.
#7 For shiny hair
You can’t beat the result of hair coated with besan and washed with water drained from cooked rice. The shine that you get is unbeatable.
#8 As a natural conditioner
When you wash your hair with the besan runny paste, you don’t need to use a conditioner. The natural properties of besan will leave you with soft, manageable hair.
#9 To control frizz
If most shampoos and conditioners leave your hair frizzy and dry, opt for a besan wash instead to control frizz.
#10 To fight dandruff
Besan fights and controls dandruff, making it an essential component of your regular beauty regime. You can also use Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo for severe dandruff and then continue to use besan.