Using an egg yolk for hair care can lead to some great results and the best part is that these results show themselves fairly quickly. There are many different ways to use all that eggy goodness to make your locks look lovelier.
Most common questions asked about egg and its hair care benefits are as follows:
q.1: Is It Good to Put Egg in Your Hair?
Egg is rich in proteins, vitamins and fatty acids, which are all essential for a good hair health. Hence, it is actually good to apply egg on hair regularly!
q.2: Which Part of Egg Is Good for Your Hair?
Eggs are rich in protein, however, egg whites have higher protein content along with traces of riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, sodium and potassium. All these are essential for hair growth!
While we are stating the whites are good, doesn’t mean, yolks are bad! Egg yolks are protein rich (lesser than whites), and also B complex vitamins and folic acids; again important for hair growth.
Hence both parts are good, but in a diet, whites are preferred and in hair packs yolks are preferred. This is just a preference, not a rule.
q.3: How Do You Wash Your Hair with Egg Yolk?
Just like you would use shampoo, you can use eggs to wash your hair with. It needs to be rinsed out with luke warm water. You do not need conditioner post such a wash. But if your hair is very frizzy, apply a leave-in conditioner post hair wash.
q.4: How to Get Rid of Egg Smell Post Egg Hair Masks?
If the smell lingers after these egg treatments, ensure that you add citrus juice in the egg “shampoos and conditioners” before applying it on the hair.
How to Make Egg Hair Masks – 10 Different Hair Care Problems with Egg-y Solutions!
1. How to Condition Your Hair with Egg
- The easiest and laziest way to treat and condition your hair in no time is to put three yolks in a bowl and mix them up
- This mixture works best for hair that doesn’t need any excess treatment, which is why we don’t need to overdo it by adding a ton of different ingredients for added benefits
2. Dry Hair Problems - It Adds Moisture To Your Hair
When you use an egg hair mask mixed with honey, it adds a ton of moisture to your hair
- Depending on the length of your hair, you can use 2-3 egg yolks, along with a tablespoon of raw honey
- Apply this to your hair and scalp and let it dry
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo like Pantene Pro V Lively Clean shampoo to remove all yolk residue from your hair
3. How to Apply Egg on Hair for Dandruff and Itchy Scalp
Using egg for hair is known to nourish the scalp, however, when you add neem oil to it, it can also act as an effective remedy for a dry and itchy scalp (you can also use this mask if you have dandruff)
4. How to Use Egg for Hair Growth
If you’re planning to use egg for hair growth, just mix the yolk with a tablespoon of almond oil and apply to your hair generously
5. How to Eliminate Frizz with Egg Yolks
Using egg yolks alone in your hair can help you combat fizziness, especially if you mix it with a little bit of mayonnaise
6. Lice Infestation? - It Helps Get Rid Of Lice
- When mixed with lemon juice, egg yolk can help suffocate lice if you wrap your hair up with cellophane after applying it
- You have to keep it on for at least 6-7 hours because this is a relatively show treatment
7. Hair Loss? - It Helps Stimulate Hair Growth
Egg yolks are filled with nutrients that help stimulate the growth of hair follicles
8. Dull, Lifeless Hair - It Makes Your Hair Shinier
Another great advantage of using egg yolk masks is that they add shine and luster to your hair
9. How to Make Hair Stronger with Egg Yolk
What’s the point of longer hair if it keeps breaking? Egg yolks are known for making your hair stronger so that you can prevent breakage
10. It Prevents Hair Fall
Egg yolks can also help prevent hair fall simply because they nourish your hair so well
Whether you use it in a mask mixed with other home ingredients or use it as it is, the nutrients that are naturally present in an egg yolk can only benefit you.
Also, it is not just egg yolks that are helpful and beneficial to your hair. An entire egg can be used for hair care treatments.
Top Benefits of Egg for Hair:
How Egg Is Useful For Hair Fall – Egg for Hair Loss Remedy
- For manageable, silky and strong hair, take one egg and blend olive oil with it
- Apply this on your hair and wash it after 30-45 minutes
- Remember to wash with cold water
- Also, this treatment is best for normal hair, as yolk can make your oily hair greasier!
The protein rich ingredient helps in managing hair loss as it helps in strengthening the hair follicles.
How to Apply Egg on Dry Hair – Best Dry Hair Care Pack
Eggs are very good for dry hair, as it promotes sebum secretion to ensure moisturization of hair and scalp.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise and 1 egg
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl
- Apply this paste from the root of the hair to the tip
- After an hour or so, wash it off with cold water and a mild shampoo
- If you find the smell repugnant, give an apple cider vinegar hair rinse
There you have it, some amazing DIYs with eggs, egg yolks and whites to get the most lustrous locks in town!