10 Essential Post Workout Hair Care Tips
Workouts cause perspiration and sweat left in your hair can do quite a bit of damage. Which is why, you will need to know these 10 hair care after workout tips to keep your hair fighting fit too.
- Give your hair a good wash with warm water every other day. Make you sure you don’t you’re your hair every single day though.
- Give your hair a good application of tea tree oil to keep bacteria and fungus at bay. But do not apply tea tree oil by itself as it is very potent; mix it with coconut oil and apply it instead.
- Use peppermint oil on your scalpfor post workout hair care. Not only is it refreshing but it is also known to induce hair growth. Mix a few drops of the oil with aloe vera juice and water before applying.
- The easiest way to get rid of sweat and execute hair care after gym is to apply dry shampoo on it.
- Post a workout you should use a blow dryer on it for about 3 minutes to detangle it.
- It is a good idea to use a conditioner like Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care Conditioner that offers deep nourishment as well as smoothness post shampoo usage.
- Invest in a good de-tangling brush if you’re a gym rat. Workouts tend to cause a lot of tangling.
- Invest in a hair freshener from a brand you trust so that you hair smells great. What’s more, these fresheners offer conditioning too.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day in addition to the water you consume post your workout. Dehydration is the number 1 cause of a dry scalp.
- A good way to protect your hair from your workout is to use a hair mask before you hit the gym. Use cold water to rinse it out post the workout.